Major Milestones/Achievements of the Organization:
Derived from Initiatives
Based on the initiatives taken across all sections of society during over 35 years of our existence has
created many milestones and achievements in the journey of Bhoomika Vihar. This is due to consistent efforts by Teammates, Community and the beneficiaries (The Real Hero) who have trusted the organization continuously. The year wise Milestones/Achievements for the organization are represented below:
COVID-19 Vaccination awareness among two blocks of Bihar, covering approx 2 lakh households
- Actions on initiation of Marriage Registration at Panchayat level has catalysed at least 8 Panchayats to pioneer this activity to stop forced/fake and early marriages.
A Batch of 100 girls is ready to take off their dreams as Ist Generation Techno-Graduate
Bhoomika Vihar brought out an extensive study report on Impacts of COVID 19 on Lives of Women/Girls with respondents spread in 15 districts of Bihar State. Excerpts from this report were nationally published in the five states of India by "The New Indian Express," and "The Morning Standard", New Delhi.
Director, Bhoomika Vihar, was recognized by Hon. Deputy Chief Minister, Bihar, handing an award for her immense work from Zee Bihar-Jharkand, a National Electronic Media.
Stories of struggle and reconstruction of the lives of the girls who faced multiple vulnerabilities is captured in the documentary film ‘I Exist’, released by the Hon’ble Deputy Chief Minister of Bihar.
- “Oath Paper” signed by the Candidates of Bihar Panchayat Election in 2021, for the implementation of Marriage Registration and other reforms needs to be done at Panchayat level. Durga Jattha Girls were involved in Katihar, Araria, Saran and Suppaul districts.
Shortlisted and finalist under the category Stop Slavery Award of Thompson, Reuters Foundation, London.
“Declaration of Oath” signed by 500 Candidates of Bihar Legislative Assembly Election in 2020, for acting upon stopping fake/forced and early marriages of girls/adolescent.
C.A.C.T Partner organizations were involved, across the 15 districts of Bihar.
- HE+SHE- Gender Equality Digital Campaign launching by Hon'ble Minister Science &Technology and DG of Bihar Police.
- BBC News had made especial coverage [Radio, Documentary movie and Print Media] on fake/ forced/ early marriage and preventive efforts of Bhoomika Vihar.
- UN Consulate General Kolkata stands in support to the initiatives of Bhoomika Vihar through their social media.
Honored by Mr Amir Khan as “Secret Superstar” from Bihar State for doing commendable social work.
Recognition and appreciation award by Patna Frontier, Sahastr Seema Bal for contribution in Combating Human Trafficking in bordering districts.
The Hindu Magazine had highlighted the Anti Bride Trafficking intervention of bhoomika vihar by contributing one especial Page Note “ Betrayed by their own blood”.
Telegraph Magazine “TAKE OFF" and Hindustan “Hamari Betia” has appreciated
the Preventive and Curative measures against child marriage
- Government of Bihar has approved the Child Protection Committee referring to the intervention taken jointly in developing Model Panchayats for CPC.
- Celebrating 30 Years of Bhoomika Vihar with Hon. Governor, Goa, Mrs. Mridula Sinha
- Involved in developing model Panchayat and CPC rollout under ICPS for Child Protection, and compilation of CPC guideline supported by UNICEF Bihar and Department of Social Welfare.
Involved in developing the Bihar State Policy for Children giving reference to National Policy for children 2013.
Regional Winner as Best Advocacy Project by Plan International Global Award.
- Launch of Documentary Movie "One Night Bride", it has more than 12 lakhs views on official You Tube channel of Bhoomika Vihar.
IG, CID Dept had declared the success story as its 1st celebration of “MUKTI WARSH" on the issue of trafficking.
Member for preparation of Ist Reference Materials for State Health Society, Bihar, on PC&PNDT ACT 1994
- Member of State Supervisory Board, PC&PNDT ACT 1994
Question Raised during 170th session of Bihar Legislative Assembly in the month of March 2012 for the implementation of PC&PNDT 1994
Cover Story by Prabhat khabar on working model of Bhoomika Vihar for prevention of VAW/G and Female Feticide.
- Member of Innovation Sectoral Council on child sex ratio, set up by Ministry of Wo-men & Child Development, Government of India. New Delhi.
- Policy advocacy for the Implementation of RTE 2009 in Bihar during Bihar Legislative Council Election.
Involved As Drafting Committee Member of ASTITVA, Bihar Government Anti Trafficking State Action Plan.
- The study report of Bhoomika Vihar "Bojh The Burden" was referred in the study report of Government of Bihar - “SANKALP”. Further, the question was asked in Bihar Legislative Council, referring to the study report.
- "Compendium of Best Practices” published by Home Department Government of India and United Nation Office (UNODC) on Drugs and Crime appreciated Girl's Led approach of Bhoomika Vihar.
- The British Parliament referred to the data of Survey report "Bojh The Burden" for discussion (Source: Email and Discussion Links of British Parliament).
Model of Social Rehabilitation for Survival of fake/ forced/ early marriage was appreciated by Secretary, Department of Home, Govt. of Bihar.
- She met with the survivors of fake/forced and early marriage of Simanchal Area. On the basis of economic and behavioral transformation of survivors she appreciated the reformative steps taken by Bhoomika Vihar.
- The first ground zero report of Northern Part of Bihar was prepared by Bhoomika Vihar on Fake/Forced marriage. The Study report was published as "Bojh The Burden" [ Socio- Economic Study Report on Girl Trafficking]